Knees Are Not Meant To Stop You
Knee pain which is considered as a common problem can be limited to a particular area of the knee like joint of knee, kneecap or its tendons, ligament and cartilage. Yet knee pain can affect people of any age, here are some other signs and symptoms associated with it – People suffering from knee pain:
- Find difficulty in bearing weight.
- They find themselves unable to bend (locking) the knee.
- Feel uncomfortable while walking upstairs or downstairs.
- Can’t shift weight to the other foot and knee.
Most common causes:
How do we treat Knee pain:
Sportmedacupuncture can offer a variety of proven therapies to treat knee pain, including:
Types of knee pain –
Knee pain is mainly divided into three categories –
- Acute injury – This type of knee pain can be due to broken bone or torn ligament.
- Medical conditions – Certain medical conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and infections can lead to knee pain.
- Chronic knee pain – It is a long term pain in which swelling and pain persists for a long period of time and it hardly goes down without treatment. Many physical conditions can point towards chronic knee pain like bursitis, tendinitis, gout, baker’s cyst etc.
Acupuncture by Sportmed can be helpful in treating a variety of knee pain but completely depends on the type and extent of severity of the knee pain. Number of sessions required depends whether it is acute or chronic although improvement can be noticed soon after the treatment but it could take several sessions for some people to experience reduction in pain. Needles in acupuncture may trigger the release of hormones like “endorphins” which helps in reducing pain and inflammation. Moreover, acupuncture on a short term basis can improve knee functioning and mobility. Additionally acupuncture is a complementary therapy which can be taken along with the medications. Sportmed Acupuncture is painless, efficient and safe way to get rid from knee pain. Hurry up to say bye to your knee pain now.
At Sportmedacupuncture clinic we believe that relieving pain is only part of the task. Another very important part of the treatment is to make sure symptoms are not coming back. That is why we give to our every patient customized training program along with necessary dietary recommendations.
Whichever technique will be used to help you to relieve the pain, you can be sure all are them are painless, safe, efficient.